National Council for Children Act
Act 30 of 1980
- Commenced on 1 January 1981
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the National Council for Children Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act,"Chairman" means the Chairman of the Council;"Council" means the National Council for Children established under section 3;"member" means a member of the Council.
Part II – The Council
3. National Council for Children
4. PatronThe Council shall appoint as Patron a person devoted to the functions of the Council.
Part III – Administration and procedure
6. Council meetings
7. Execution of deedsAll deeds, instruments, contracts and other documents shall be deemed to be duly executed by or on behalf of the Council if they are—
8. Officers and staff
9. Funds of the Council
10. Accounts and audit
11. Annual reportThe Council shall within 6 months after each financial year publish an annual report dealing with the work of the Council during the preceding year.
Part IV – Miscellaneous
13. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for the better carrying out the objects and provisions of this Act.
History of this document
01 January 1981