Probation of Offenders Act
Probation of Offenders Regulations
Statutory Instrument 23 of 1966
- Commenced on 21 March 1966
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 2014.]
1. CitationThese regulations may be cited as the Probation of Offenders Regulations.
2. Duties of probation officersIt shall be the duty of probation officers
3. Appointment of members of probation committees
4. Chairman of probation committee
5. Secretary of probation committeeUnless for the purposes of any meeting the Chairman directs otherwise, a probation officer shall attend the meetings of a probation committee and act as secretary to it.
6. Meetings of probation committee and transaction of businessA probation committee shall meet at such times and places and shall make such arrangements as to the transaction and management of its usiness as, subject to the provisions of these regulations, it may deem proper.
7. Conduct of proceedings at meetings of probation committeeThe following provisions shall apply in relation to the conduct of the proceedings of a probation committee
8. Duties of probation committeesIt shall be the duty of a probation committee to
9. Forfeiture of recognisanceThe provisions of section 108 of the Criminal Procedure Code shall apply mutatis mutandis when a bond of security for good behaviour in respect of a probationer taken under section 10(1) of the Act is forfeited.
History of this document
21 March 1966