Value Added Tax Act
Value Added Tax (Refunds) Regulation, 2013
Statutory Instrument 34 of 2013
- Commenced on 22 April 2013
- [This is the version of this document at 8 November 2017.]
1. CitationThis regulation may be cited as the Value Added Tax (Refunds) Regulation, 2013.[regulation 1 amended by regulation 2(b) of SI 61 of 2014 with effect from 1 September 2014]
2. RefundA refund may be claimed, where—
3. VAT returns and payment obligationsSubject to regulation 2, a VAT refund shall be granted where a taxable person has claimed for a refund on a VAT return duly completed and has fulfilled all payment obligations.
4. Statutory periodAny VAT refund is processed within a statutory period of 30 days from the date the claim for refund is made unless the taxable person has—
5. DefinitionFor the purpose of this regulation—"exporter" means where a taxable person's turnover is attributable to 85% of the export sales;"supplier of zero-rated goods or services" means where a taxable person's turnover is attributable to 85% of the zero-rated supplies excluding any export sales;"investor during the commencement phase" means a taxable person who had not collected any VAT and has incurred preliminary expenditures in relation to the commencement of the business activity.
History of this document
22 April 2013