R v Bacar (CO 102/2015)  SCSC 48 (02 February 2016);
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF SEYCHELLES
Criminal Side: 102/2015
 SCSC 48
SOIMIDINE MOHAMED BACAR
Counsel: Mrs Lansinglu, Assistant Principal State Counsel for the Republic
Mr Andre for the accused
Delivered: 2 February 2016
- For the offence of fishing without a fishing license as charged, I sentence you to a fine of Rs1000/- as the law requires that a fine be imposed for the offence.
- I further order that the vessel in which you were fishing and all fishing gear be forfeited to the Republic of Seychelles pursuant to Section 70(a) of the Fisheries Act.
- I further also order that any fish found on the vessel be forfeited to the Republic as per Section 70(b) of the Fisheries Act.
- In view of the Convicts having no means to pay the fine, I hereby order that the fine to be levied from the sale or disposal of the vessel, gears or the fish found on the vessel with the remainder going to the Republic per the order above.
- I further recommend that the Convict be repatriated to his country of origin or residency as a prohibited immigrant as soon as reasonably practicable.
Signed, dated and delivered at Ile du Port on 2 February 2016
Judge of the Supreme Court