Welcome to the new SeyLII website. Enjoy an improved search engine and new collections. If you are used to accessing SeyLII via Google, note Google will take some time to re-index the site.
We are still busy migrating some of the old content. If you need anything in particular from the old website, it will be available for a while longer at https://old.seylii.org/
Scott Wilson (XP 93 of 2018)  SCSC 543 (07 June 2018);
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF SEYCHELLES
Civil Side: XP 93/2018
 SCSC 543
In the matter of
Heard: 8 June 2018
Counsel: Mr. Elizabeth for Petitioner
Delivered: 8 June 2018
 The Petitioner in this matter, Mr. Scott Wilson, seeks this Court for an order for his admission to practice before the Supreme Court of Seychelles in CS No. 8 of 2017 until the completion of the matter. The application is made under Section 12(1) of the Legal Practitioners Act Cap 111.
 Mr. Scott Wilson is a Barrister with rights of audience before all UK Courts. He was called to the Bar of England and Wales on 25th November 1993 by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
 The Petitioner has been retained and instructed by Miss Nathalie Lefevre to work jointly with Mr. Frank Elizabeth on her case before the Supreme Court in Civil Side No. 8 of 2017.
 The Petitioner avers that he is a fit and proper person to be allowed to practice in Seychelles.
 In the circumstances, now the Petitioner prays the Court to admit him to practice before the Supreme Court of Seychelles in the said proceedings namely, Civil Side No. 8 of 2017 which is listed for hearing from 11th June 2018 before the Chief Justice and until the case is completed.
 I have considered the application made by the Petitioner for his admission to practice before the Supreme Court of Seychelles to represent Miss Nathalie Lefevre in Civil Side 8 of 2017. I have perused the affidavit and other documents filed in support of the application. Noting the particular circumstances of the application, I find that Mr. Scott Wilson is eligible for admission in terms of Section 5 (1) (a) (i) of the Legal Practitioners Act as he has been called to the Bar in England, which is a designated country under the Act.
 I also find Mr. Scott Wilson to be a fit and proper person to be allowed to practice as an Attorney-at-Law to work jointly with Mr. Frank Elizabeth in the conduct of the proceedings before the Supreme Court of Seychelles in Civil Case No. 8 of 2017.
 Accordingly, I hereby grant right of audience in terms of Section 12 (1) of the Legal Practitioners Act to Mr. Scott Wilson to appear and practice as Attorney-at-Law in the said proceedings and in the conduct of those proceedings with due diligence jointly with Learned Counsel Mr. Frank Elizabeth. The limited audience in this respect is granted to the Petitioner on the following conditions:-
1. Mr. Scott Wilson should take an oath of office to practice as Attorney-at-Law with right of audience before the Supreme Court of Seychelles.
2. Mr. Scott Wilson should sign a Security Bond in the sum of Rs.50, 000/- for his Professional ethics and conduct within the jurisdiction of Seychelles with two sureties in the like sum.
3. During the period of his limited right of audience, he shall not accept any other briefs or cases in respect of any other client(s) apart from the one involved in the proceedings hereinbefore mentioned in this matter.
4. During the period of the said limited right of audience, he will not engage in any other occupation, business or render services legal or otherwise to any other person or company or any other entity in Seychelles.
5. The Limited Right of audience is granted only in respect of the proceedings hereinbefore mentioned and to appear before all the courts in the Supreme Court of Seychelles.
6. The Limited Right of Audience granted hereby shall not exceed a period of six months from the date of taking oath or any such period that may be extended by the Court upon request made by the Petitioner in this matter; and
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the Petitioner should comply with other statutory requirements as to his employment permit and legal practice license in accordance with the laws of Seychelles.
 I hereby direct the Registrar of the Supreme Court to enter the name of Mr. Scott Wilson as an attorney in the relevant Register maintained by the Registry in terms of Section 12(4) of the Legal Practitioner’s Act and issue a “Certificate of Limited Practice” for him valid for six months from the date of taking oath. The Petitioner is also to be furnished with a copy of this order.
Signed, dated and delivered at Ile du Port on 8 June 2018
L. Pillay J
Judge of the Supreme Court