National Library Trust Fund (Establishment) Act
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
NATIONAL LIBRARY TRUST FUND (ESTABLISHMENT) ACT
[16th May, 1988]
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
3. Establishment of the Fund
4. Property of the Fund
5. Object of the Fund
6. Board to administer the Fund
7. Board to be a body corporate
8. Directions of Minister
9. Powers of the Board
10. Accounts of the Fund
11. Repeal of the Fund
1. This Act may be cited as the National Library Trust Fund (Establishment) Act.
2. In this Act,
"Board" means the Board of Trustees appointed under section 6;
"Fund" means the National Library Trust Fund established by section 3.
3. There is hereby established a fund to be called the National Library Trust Fund.
4. The Fund shall consist of ?
(a) voluntary contributions made in cash or in kind by any person in or outside Seychelles;
(b) moneys raised by the Board in or outside Seychelles to carry out the objects of the Fund;
(c) moneys provided by the Government.
(2) The property of the Fund shall be utilised solely for carrying out the object of the Fund and for or in connection with the National Library.
5. The object of the Fund shall be the construction of a building for a National Library.
6. (1) The Fund shall be administered by a Board of Trustees consisting of not less than five members appointed by the Minister by notice published in the Gazette.
(2) The Minister shall nominate one of the members of the Board as the Chairman of the Board.
(3) The Chairman shall preside at the meetings of the Board and, in his absence, any other member of the Board nominated by the Minister shall perform the functions of the Chairman under the Act.
(4) Three members of the Board shall constitute a quorum for any meeting of the Board and decisions at any meetings shall be taken on the majority of votes of members present and voting.
(5) In case of an equality of votes the Chairman or any other member performing the functions of the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
(6) Subject to the preceding provisions of this section the Board shall regulate its own proceedings.
7. (1) The Board shall be a body coporate.
(2) All documents concerning the Fund shall be signed by any two members nominated by the Board.
8. The Minister may give the Board directions in writing on matters relating to the object of the Fund and the Board shall comply with those directions.
9. The Board shall have the power to receive any voluntary contributions, or raise any money in or outside Seychelles, for carrying out the object of the Fund.
10. (1) The Board shall keep proper accounts of the Fund.
(2) The accounts of the Fund shall be audited by a person appointed by the Minister acting after consultation with the Minister responsible for Finance.
(3) As soon as the accounts of the Board have been audited, the Chairman of the Board shall send to the Minister and the Minister responsible for Finance a copy of the accounts and of the report of the auditor on the accounts.
11. (1) This Act shall stand repealed on such date as the Minister may, by Notice published in the Gazette, appoint.
(2) The Minister may, in the Notice published under subsection (1), direct the manner in which any property of the Fund remaining on the day immediately preceding the date of the repeal of the Act shall be dealt with.
NO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION