Seychelles Pensions Scheme Act
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
SEYCHELLES PENSIONS SCHEME ACT
[16th January, 1991]
REPEALED BY ACT 8 OF 2005.
1. Notwithstanding the repeal of the Act, all benefits due under the Seychelles Pension Scheme shall be administered and paid by the Fund under this Act.
2. Notwithstanding subsection (1), the period of ten years of payment of contribution by a member for qualifying for a pension shall be deemed to have commenced from the date the member started paying contributions to the Seychelles Pension Scheme under the repealed Act.
3. The officers and other employees of the Seychelles Pension Scheme in employment immediately before the repeal of the act shall be deemed to be officers and employees of the Seychelles Pension Fund immediately after such repeal on conditions not less favourable than those subsisting immediately prior to the repeal.
4. All contracts, deeds, agreements and other instruments made by the Seychelles Pension Scheme which subsist or have effect immediately prior to repeal shall have effect against or in favour of the Fund as if the Fund had been a party thereto.
5. All acts done, decisions taken, authorisations or benefits granted by the Director or the Board of Trustees of the Seychelles Pension Scheme which were validly done, taken or granted under written law or under and in accordance with the repealed Act shall continue to have effect in accordance with their terms unless amended, annulled or withdrawn in accordance with the law.