Seychelles Security Guards Service Pension Act
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
SEYCHELLES SECURITY GUARDS SERVICE PENSION ACT
[1st January, 1979]
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
3. Application of this Act.
4. Service deemed to be service under the Government of Seychelles.
5. Pensions etc., payable under this Act.
1. This Act may be cited as the Seychelles Security Guards Service Pension Act.
2. In this Act ?
"Seychelles Security Guards Service" means the Security guards service provided by the Government of Seychelles at the United States of America Tracking Station at La Misere.
3. This Act shall apply to and in respect of every member of the Seychelles Security Guards Service who was appointed to that service prior to 31st December, 1978, and was a member of that service on that date.
4. The service of a member of the Seychelles Security Guards Service prior to 31st December, 1978 shall, for the purpose of the Pensions Act, be deemed to be service in a civil capacity under the Government of Seychelles and the office of such member shall for the purposes of that Act be deemed to be a pensionable office.
5 (1) Subject to this Act, a pension, gratuity or other allowance may be paid in accordance with the Pensions Act to and in respect of every member of the Seychelles Security Guards service to whom this Act applies in respect of his service as such member prior to 31st December, 1978.
(2) In computing the amount of pension, gratuity or other allowance payable under subsection (1), no account shall be taken of any emoluments received in respect of service of a member after 31st December 1978 and the member shall be treated as if he had retired on 31st December 1978 notwithstanding that the actual date of retirement is some other date and any reference in the Pensions Act to the date of person's retirement shall be treated as if it were a reference to 31st December, 1978.
(3) Where on the retirement of a member of the Seychelles Security Guards Service after the commencement of this Act any sum has been paid to him as gratuity or other terminal benefit between the date of commencement of this Act and the *date of publication of this Act in the Gazette, such sum shall be recovered from the gratuity payable under this Act and, where the gratuity payable under this Act is insufficient to recover that sum in full, the balance sum shall be recovered from the pension or other allowance payable under this Act in such monthly installments as the President may determine.
(4) Any sum recovered under subsection (3) shall be paid into the Consolidated Fund.
NO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION