Coast Reserves and Foreshore Leases Act
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
Act 6 of 1907
S.I 95 of 1975
Act 13 of 1975
S.I 72 of 1976
Act 23 of 1997
COAST RESERVES AND FORESHORE LEASES ACT
[6th April, 1907]
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
2. Leases of reserves on sea coast.
3. Terms of lease.
1. This Act may be cited as the Coast Reserves and Foreshore Leases Act.
2. It shall be lawful for the President, subject to such conditions as to him may seem fit, to grant leases to the owners of islands or parts thereof, and to lessees of State lands in Seychelles of the reserves along the sea coast (rivages de la mer) anything in article 538 of the Civil Code of Seychelles to the contrary notwithstanding.
3. Such leases shall not be granted for more than ten years, but may be renewed for further periods of ten years with the approval of the President.
4. The expression "rivages de la mer" shall include all that portion of the foreshore adjacent to the sea, which is alternately covered and uncovered by the sea at high and low water during the new and full moons and up to the limit reached by sea water during the spring tides; the expression "islands" shall include all islands which now are, or shall hereafter be placed under the jurisdiction of the Government of Seychelles.
NO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION