French Code of Civil Procedure (Promulgation) Act
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
FRENCH CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE (PROMULGATION) ACT
DECEAN, Captain-General, etc.
On the representation and proposal of the Commissary of Justice.
After having deliberated with the Colonial Prefect and Commissary of Justice, enacts as follows:
Arrêté supplementary to the French Code of Civil Procedure.
1. The French Code of Civil Procedure is promulgated inthe Islands of France 1 , Bonaparte 2 and their Dependencies 3, under the modifications hereinafter enacted.
(2-6, Justices of the Peace - Rep. Ord. 3411919.)
7. The formalities prescribed in the title 'of Conciliation" shall no longer be necessary.
(8-33, Service on absent defendants, etc. - Rep. Ord. 3411919.)
34. The seizure of an annuity in the hands of persons not residing in the Republic shall be notified to the party personally or at his domicile and the periods prescribed by article 10 of the present Arr8t6 shall be observed for the summons.
35. Article 642, relative to persons domiciled in places beyond the continent of Europe, shall be common to the party on whom seizure is made, in reference to the party liable to pay the annuity which is the subject of the seizure, when he shall reside out of the Republic.
(36-44, Rep. Ord. 3411919.)
45. The second placard of judgments of separation, which according to article 872 must, in the absence of the Tribunal of Commerce, be posted up in the principal room of the public hall (maison commune) of the locality where the husband has his domicile, shall be posted up in the hall in which the civil commissary of the locality where the husband has his domicile holds his sittings.
(46-54, Rep. Ord. 3411919.)
55. The present Arr8t6 shall be read, etc.
1 Mauritius; 2 Reunion; 3 among other dependencies of Mauritius, Seychelles.
The articles of the French Code of Civil Procedure specified in column I have also been repealed by the enactments specified in column 2.
COLUMN I COLUMN 2
Articles 1 to 47,
59 to 72, 75 to 123
138 to 172, 188 to 192
295 to 301, 324 to 35 1,
363 to 442, 474 to 625
826, 831, 857 to 864,
1029 to 1042. Seychelles Code of Civil
Procedure (Cap. 213)
Articles -673 to 717,
18 to 748, 749 to 779,
832 to 838, 935 to 965,
969 to 975, 987 to 988,
and 997 Immovable Property
(Judicial Sales) Act (Cap 94)
Articles 875 to 881 Matrimonial Causes Act
(Cap 72 1971 Ed)
Articles 1003 to 1028 Commercial Code Act.
Title XV of Book V Imprisonment for Debt Act (Cap 96)
NO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION