Co-operatives (Seychelles Home Industries Co operative) (Establishment) Order
EDITORS' NOTE: The digital versions of legislation accessible through SeyLII are UNOFFICIAL and provided solely in the interests of increasing access to legal information. Their currency and accuracy cannot be warranted. Official versions of Seychelles legislation can only be obtained in hard copy from the Attorney-General’s Chambers, Department of Legal Affairs
CONSOLIDATED TO 30 JUNE 2012
LAWS OF SEYCHELLES
SI. 49 of 1991
CO‑OPERATIVES (SEYCHELLES HOME INDUSTRIES CO‑OPERATIVE) (ESTABLISHMENT) ORDER
[2nd September, 1991]
1. This Order may be cited as the Co‑operatives (Seychelles Home Industries Co‑operative) (Establishment) Order.
2. (1) There is hereby established a co‑operative by the name of Seychelles Home Industries Co‑operative.
(2) The registered office of the Co‑operative shall be at Independence House, Victoria, Seychelles.
(3) The objects of the Co‑operative shall be ‑
(a) the promotion of craft, both artisanal and industrial development in Seychelles, in liaison with the craft section of the Department of Industries of the Government of Seychelles;
(b) fostering and providing opportunities for improvement in techniques, creativity, organisational and management skills for craftsmen;
(c) the promotion of technical training programmes, exchange of ideas and information and establishment of forums for discussion among craftsman;
(d) promotion of high standard in quality of craft products;
(e) marketing of craft products, locally and abroad, by establishing sales outlets, by holding exhibitions locally and abroad and by conducting market analysis surveys.
4. (1) The members of the first management committee of the Co-operative shall be ‑
Mr. Michel Ah Time;
Mr. Ralph Loizeau;
Mr. Paul Morin;
Mrs. Helena Lenclume;
Mr. Ward Rose;
Mr. Ridley Rose;
Mrs. Merina Nourrice;
Mr. Desire Ah Time; and
Mrs. Edna Soumerie,
who shall hold office for a period of one year from the date of coming into force of this Order.
(2) The Chairman of the first management committee shall be Mr. Michel Ah Time, the secretary of the first management committee shall be Mr. Paul Morin and the treasurer of the first management committee shall be Mr. Ralph Loizeau.
5. The Co‑operative shall have at any one time a maximum number of one hundred members.