Act 22 of 1948
- Commenced on 1 November 1948
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Quarantine Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—"aerodrome" includes both land and water aerodromes;"aircraft" includes any machine which can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air and is intended for aerial navigation;"commander" includes any person for the time being in charge or command of an aircraft;"master" includes any person for the time being in charge or command of a ship;"port" includes any place at which ships arrive or from which they depart;"ship" includes a vessel or boat.
3. Establishment of Quarantine Authority and appointment of health officers, visiting officers and staff
4. Power to make regulations
5. Power to make rules
6. Power to make orders in emergency
7. Offences and penalties
8. Duty and power of the police
9. Disposal and recovery of charges and expenses
History of this document
01 November 1948