Islamic Society of Seychelles (Incorporation) Act
Act 12 of 1994
- Commenced on 18 October 1994
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Islamic Society of Seychelles (Incorporation) Act.
2. InterpretationThe Islamic Society of Seychelles, the administrative body of the Muslim community in Seychelles, is hereby constituted into a corporate body to be known as the "Islamic Society of Seychelles."
3. ObjectsSharing the ideals and assisting the efforts of fellow Muslims to establish, uphold and promote the spiritual, educational and humanitarian teachings of Muslim brotherhood, radiant faith, exalted character and selfless love revealed in the lives and utterances of all the Prophets and Messengers of Allah, the objects of the Islamic Society of Seychelles are as follows—
5. Power to sign documentAll deeds, acts and documents concerning or requiring execution by the Islamic Society of Seychelles may be signed by any two of the following officers of the Executive Committee, the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
6. Legal capacity
7. Seal of Society
8. Vesting of propertyThere shall be vested in the Islamic Society of Seychelles constituted under section 2, on the coming into operation of this Act, all property, movable and immovable and any rights, liabilities, benefits and obligations vested in or enjoyed or incurred by the body known, prior to the coming into operation of this Act, as the Islamic Society of Seychelles.
History of this document
18 October 1994