National Council for Disabled Persons Act
Act 3 of 1994
- Commenced on 28 March 1994
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the National Council for Disabled Persons Act.
2. InterpretationIn this Act—"Council" means the National Council for Disabled Persons established under Section 3;"Disabled person" means a person suffering from a physical or mental disability on account of injury, disease or congential deformity.
3. Establishment of the CouncilThere is hereby established the National Council for Disabled Persons.
4. Composition of the Council
5. Functions and powers of the Council
6. Staff and accommodation of the CouncilThe Minister may provide the Council with necessary staff and office accommodation required for the performance of its functions.
7. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for carrying into effect the purposes and provisions of this Act and for any other matter necessary or convenient to be prescribed by regulations.
History of this document
28 March 1994