Public Finances Act
Act 22 of 1996
- Commenced on 1 January 1997
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Public Finances Act, 1996 and shall come into operation on such date as the Minister may by notice published in the Gazette appoint*.
2. InterpretationIn this Act—"financial year" means a period of 12 months ending on the 31st December;"public moneys" means all revenue, loan and other moneys and all securities whatsoever raised or received by or on account of the Republic.
Part II – Control and management
3. Minister has control and management of financial affairs of Seychelles
4. Custody of public moneys
5. Withdrawal from Consolidated Fund
6. Contingencies Fund
7. Development Fund
8. Other funds
10. Deposit accounts
11. Yearly statement of accountThe Minister shall, for the purpose of permitting the Auditor-General to comply with article 158 of the Constitution, within 6 months after the close of each financial year, transmit to the Auditor-General—
Part III – Regulations and repeal
14. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
15. TransitionsNotwithstanding the repeal of the Public Finances (Control and Management) Act by this Act—
History of this document
01 January 1997