This Act was repealed on 2017-11-01 by National Drugs Enforcement Agency (Repeal) Act, 2017.
This is the version of this Act as it was when it was repealed.
- Is repealed by National Drugs Enforcement Agency (Repeal) Act, 2017
- Is amended by National Drugs Enforcement Agency (Amendment) Act, 2017
National Drugs Enforcement Agency Act, 2008
Act 20 of 2008
- Commenced on 15 September 2008
- [This is the version of this document as it was at 31 December 2015 to 18 July 2017.]
- [Repealed by National Drugs Enforcement Agency (Repeal) Act, 2017 (Act 19 of 2017) on 1 November 2017]
1. Short title and interpretation
2. Establishment and the objectives of the NDEA
3. Function of the NDEAWithout prejudice to the generality of subsection (2), the functions of the NDEA, operating through its NDEA agents and such other persons as the Chief Officer or the Deputy Chief Officer with the consent of the President, shall from time to time decide, shall be the taking of all necessary actions—
4. Conferral of additional functions of the NDEA
5. Powers of the PresidentThe President may—
7. ImmunityNo action shall lie against the Chief Officer, any officer, employee or agent of the NDEA or any person acting under the director of the NDEA, for anything done in good faith in the exercise or discharge of any powers, duties or functions under this Act.
8. Non-disclosure of audit informationThe Auditor General and every person acting on behalf of or under the direction of the Auditor General shall not disclose any information that they have obtained or to which they have had access in the course of their audit of the NDEA except in the performance of their functions and when ordered by a court of law.
9. Powers of the NDEANotwithstanding any Act, rule of law or practice to the contrary, the NDEA—
10. Disclosure of reports or information upon approvalThe NDEA may, with the approval of the Attorney-General disclose any report or information in its possession or control to an institution or agency of a foreign country or to an international organisation or institution or agency established by the governments of foreign countries that has powers and functions similar to those of the NDEA—
11. Agreements on exchange of information
12. Appointment of Chief Officer, Deputy Chief Officer and Acting Chief Officer
13. Appointment of NDEA agent
14. Funds of the NDEAThe funds of the NDEA shall consist of monies voted by the National Assembly for the use of the NDEA.
History of this document
01 November 2017
19 July 2017 amendment not yet applied
31 December 2015 this version
15 September 2008