Seychelles Infrastructure Agency Act, 2021
Act 56 of 2021
- Published in Supplement to Official Gazette on 7 December 2021
- Assented to on 25 November 2021
- Commenced on 7 December 2021
- [This is the version of this document from 7 December 2021.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Seychelles Infrastructure Agency Act, 2021.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“Agency” means the Seychelles Infrastructure Agency established under section 3;“Chief Executive Officer” means the Chief Executive Officer of the Agency appointed under section 10;“Chief Operations Officer” means a Chief Operations Officer provided for under section 11;“Committee” means the Inter-Ministerial Committee established under section 7;“member” means a member of the Committee;“Minister” means the Minister responsible for lands and housing.
Part II – Seychelles Infrastructure Agency
3. Establishment of the Agency
4. Objects of the AgencyThe objects of the Agency are—
5. Functions of the AgencyThe functions of the Agency shall be to—
6. Powers of the MinisterThe Minister shall exercise supervision over the Agency in the performance of its functions, and may issue policy directives to the Agency relating to planning of infrastructure and physical development in line with National development strategies and land use.
Part III – The Inter-Ministerial Committee
7. Establishment and composition of the Committee
8. Functions of the CommitteeThe functions of the Committee shall be to—
9. Meetings of the Committee
Part IV – Administration of the Agency
10. Chief Executive Officer
11. Chief Operations Officer
12. Employment of staff
Part V – Financial provisions
13. Funds of the Agency
14. Delegated funds
15. Accounts and audit
17. Annual operational plan
18. Annual report
Part VI – Miscellaneous
19. Transfer of assets and liabilities
20. Transfer of staff and employees
21. Acquisition and disposal of land
22. Application of certain provisions of the Penal CodeThe members and employees of the Agency shall be deemed to be employed in the public service and sections 91 to 96 of the Penal Code shall apply to them.
23. Protection of acts done in good faithNo civil or criminal liability shall attach to the Agency, an officer or employee of the Agency or a member of the Committee in respect of an act done or omission made in good faith in the performance of the functions of the Agency.
24. RegulationsThe Minister may make regulations for the carrying into effect the principles and provisions of this Act.
History of this document
07 December 2021 this version
25 November 2021