Probates (Re-sealing) Act, 2022
Act 15 of 2022
- Published in Supplement to Official Gazette on 8 August 2022
- Assented to on 2 August 2022
- Commenced on 8 August 2022
- [This is the version of this document from 8 August 2022.]
1. Short titleThis Act may be cited as the Probates (Re-sealing) Act, 2022.
2. InterpretationIn this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—“court of probate” means any court or authority, by whatever name designated, that has jurisdiction in matters of probate in a recognized jurisdiction;“Curator” means the Curator appointed under the Curatelle Act, 2021;“Minister” means the Minister responsible for legal affairs;“Mortgage and Registration Office” the Mortgage and Registration Office established under the Mortgage and Registration Act, Cap. 134“probate or letters of administration” include confirmation in Scotland and any instrument of probate or letters of administration in a recognized jurisdiction;“recognized jurisdiction” means any of the jurisdictions specified in Schedule 1.
3. Resealing of probate or letters of administration
4. Conditions to be fulfilled before sealing
5. Effect of duplicate of probate or letters of administration
6. RulesThe Minister, in consultation with the Curator, may make rules for regulating the procedure and practice, including fees and costs, on and incidental to an application for sealing a grant of probate or letters of administration under this Act.
7. Amendment of ScheduleThe Minister, in consultation with the Curator, may by regulations amend any Schedule.
8. RepealThe Probates (Re-sealing) Act, Cap. 183, is repealed.
History of this document
08 August 2022 this version
02 August 2022