Liberation Memorial Fund Decree
Decree 24 of 1977
- Commenced on 31 October 1977
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
1. Short titleThis Decree may be cited as the Liberation Memorial Fund Decree.
2. Establishment of the FundA fund to be known as the "Liberation Memorial Fund", hereinafter called the Fund, shall be established and administered in the manner hereinafter appearing.
3. Maintenance of the FundThe Fund shall consist of such voluntary contributions as may be made thereto together with such additions or accumulations as may be made or accrue thereto and together with any invesment from time to time representing the same or any of them and together also with the interest and income derived from any such investment.
4. Objects of the FundThe objects of the fund shall be as follows:—
5. Establishment of the Board of Trustees
6. Board constituted body corporateThe Board shall be a body corporate and shall act and sue and be sued in the corporate name and service on the chairmen for the time being shall be equivalent to service on the board.
7. Composition of the Board
8. Quorum and voting
9. Chairman and one other member to sing documentsAll deeds, acts and documents, concerning the Fund shall be signed by the Chairman of the Board or by the person delegated by him in writing to exercise his power under this section, either generally or for a particular purpose, and by one other member of the Board.
10. Title of ownershipAll property, whether movable or immovable, funds, monies investments and other assets which are or become the property of the Fund shall vest in the Board and shall be held by it in that name.
11. Power of corporate body
12. Legacies and donations exempted from stamp dutyAll legacies and donations for the benefit of the Fund shall be exempted from stamp duty under the Stamp Duty Act.
13. Books, accounts and auditThe Board shall cause proper books and accounts to be kept. The accounts shall be audited every year by an auditor qualified under section 157 of the Companies Act, and appointed by the Board.
14. RegulationsThe Board may make regulations to carry out the objects and provisions of this Decree. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, the Board may make regulations to provide for the management of the Fund, for the appointment or election of Management Committees and for the functions and powers thereof.
History of this document
31 October 1977