Detention Review Tribunal Decree, 1978
Decree 2 of 1978
- Commenced on 19 May 1978
- [This is the version of this document at 30 June 2012 and includes any amendments published up to 30 June 2014.]
1. CitationThis Decree may be cited as the Detention Review Tribunal Decree, 1978.
5. Protection of sources of informationNo person shall in any review by the Tribunal be obliged or permitted to disclose, the name or address of an informer or to state any matter that might lead to the disclosure of the identity of any source of information.
6. RecommendationsOn any review by the Tribunal of the case of a detained person, the Tribunal may make recommendations concerning the necessity or expediency of continuing his detention, to the President.
7. ContemptAny person shall not—
8. PenaltyAny person who contravenes or fails to comply with the requirements of this Decree shall be guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding Rs.5,000 or imprisonment for three months.
9. Validity of proceedings not affectedThe validity of the proceedings of the Tribunal shall not be affected by any defect in the appointment of a member of the Tribunal or by reason of the fact that a person not entitled to do so took part in the proceedings.
History of this document
19 May 1978