Road Transport Act
Road Transport (Change of ownership of Vehicles) Regulations
Statutory Instrument 40 of 1965
- Commenced on 5 July 1965
- [This is the version of this document at 1 August 2016.]
1. CitationThese regulations may be cited as the Road Transport (Change of ownership of Vehicles) Regulations.
2. Transfer of vehiclesOn the change of ownership of a vehicle the transferor and transferee shall both sign a form supplied by the licensing authority notifying the change of ownership to such authority.
3. Registration of transfer of motor vehiclesIn the case of motor vehicles such change of ownership shall be registered in a special register kept by the licensing authority for the purpose.
4. Fee payable on transfer of motor vehiclesOn the change of ownership of a motor vehicle a fee of Rupees 100 shall be paid by the transferee to the licensing authority.
5. Fee to be paid before registration of transferThe licensing authority shall not register the change of ownership of a motor vehicle if the fee in respect thereof has not been paid.
6. Transfer to operate when fee paid and registration effectedWhen a change of ownership has been notified to the licensing authority in accordance with regulation 2 such notification shall not operate the transfer of the motor vehicle to the transferee unless the fee has been paid and the change of ownership registered.
History of this document
05 July 1965