Misuse of Drugs Act
Misuse of Drugs Regulations
Statutory Instrument 53 of 1995
- Commenced on 22 May 1995
- [This is the version of this document at 31 December 2015.]
1. CitationThese Regulations may be cited as the Misuse of Drugs Regulations.
2. Republic bound by RegulationsThese Regulations shall bind the Republic.
3. InterpretationIn these Regulations—"holder of a licence" means the holder of a licence under the Licences Act;"international convention" means in an international convention relating to dealings in a controlled drug;"medical services" means medical services as a medical practitioner, dentist or pharmacist;"specified controlled drug" means a controlled drug in terms of the Act as specified in the Schedule to these Regulations.
4. Importation of controlled drugs
5. Manufacture of controlled drugs
6. Sale or dispensing of controlled drugs
8. InspectionA person authorised by the Ministry responsible for health or a police officer may at all reasonable time call for, inspect and take copies or extract from the register kept under regulation 4(2) or regulation 6(2) or of any prescription or copy thereof retained under regulation 4(4).
History of this document
22 May 1995