Financial Institutions Act
Financial Institutions (Complaint Handling) Regulations
Statutory Instrument 50 of 2008
- Commenced on 28 July 2008
- [This is the version of this document at 1 December 2014.]
1. CitationThese Regulations may be cited as the Financial Institutions (Complaint Handling) Regulations.
2. InterpretationIn these Regulations—“complaint” means any expression of dissatisfaction or concern about a service or product provided by a financial institution;“complainant” means a person making the complaint.
3. ApplicationThese Regulations shall apply to all financial institutions that are licensed by the Central Bank of Seychelles pursuant to the Financial Institutions Act, 2004, including all banks and bureau de change.
4. Complaints handling rule
5. Consumer awareness
6. Complaint resolution rule
7. Keeping complainant informedA financial institution on receipt of a verbal or telephonic complaint which is not resolved within one working day, or a written complaint shall—
8. Final or other response within three weeks
9. Complaints made directly to the Central Bank
10. Reports to the Central Bank
History of this document
28 July 2008