Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2004
Prevention of Terrorism (Implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolutions on Suppression of Terrorism) Regulations, 2015
Statutory Instrument 39 of 2015
- Published on 24 August 2015
- Assented to on 21 August 2015
- Commenced on 24 August 2015
- [This is the version of this document as it was at 31 December 2015 to 22 September 2023.]
Part I – Preliminary
1. CitationThese Regulations may be cited as the Prevention of Terrorism (Implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolutions on Suppression of Terrorism) Regulations, 2015.
2. InterpretationIn these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires—
3. ApplicationThese Regulations shall apply to designated entities and specified entities.
Part II – Implementation Committee
4. National Countering Financing of Terrorism Committee
5. Functions of Committee
6. Powers of Committee
7. ConfidentialityA member of the Committee or any other person shall not, without the consent of the Committee in writing, publish or disclose to any person other than in the course of his or her duties, the contents of any document, communication or information which relates to, and which has come to his or her knowledge in the course of his or her duties under these Regulations.
Part III – Designation and listing of terrorist groups
8. United Nations designation and sanctions lists
9. Designated entities deemed to be terrorist groupsWhere a United Nations list is distributed under regulation 8—
10. Domestic designations and third country requests
11. Seychelles list
12. Review and de-listing of designated and specified entities
Part IV – Authority and obligation to freeze
13. Authority to freeze property of designated and specified entities
14. Action to be taken on receipt of lists
15. Periodic reporting by financial institutionsEvery financial institution which is required to make quarterly reports under section 35(2) of the Act shall—
16. Persons inadvertently affected by freezing mechanism
17. Humanitarian exemptions
Part V – Protection of non-profit organisation sector
18. Strategic planning and information-gathering
19. Regulated non-profit organisations
Part VI – Miscellaneous
20. Right of appealAn appeal against the determinations of the Minister on applications under regulation 16, regulation 17, or regulation 19(4) shall lie to the Supreme Court in accordance with the Appeal Rules (S.I. 11 of 1961) made under the Courts Act (Cap 52).
21. Protection from liabilityNo proceedings shall lie against any person, including reporting entities and competent authorities, in respect of any action taken in good faith for the purpose of implementing these Regulations.
22. Internal rulesA competent authority and any person concerned with the implementation of these Regulations may lay down administrative instructions in relation to procedure to be followed by its employees, agents, or staff for the purposes of implementing the obligations imposed under these Regulations.
History of this document
23 September 2023 amendment not yet applied
31 December 2015 this version
24 August 2015
21 August 2015