Employment (Stevedore Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 2019
Statutory Instrument 55 of 2019
- Assented to on 20 September 2019
- Commenced on 1 October 2019
- [This is the version of this document from 23 September 2019.]
1. CitationThese Regulations may be cited as the Employment (Stevedore Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 2019, and its provisions shall, save where otherwise provided herein, come into operation on 1st October, 2019.
2. ExemptionFor the purpose of these Regulations, a stevedore shall, in accordance with section 25(4) of the Act, be exempt from the provisions of section 25 (2) and (3) of the Act.
4. Application of Employment Act, Employment (Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 1991 and the RegulationsSubject to Regulations 2 and 3, the provisions of the Act and the Employment (Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 1991 applicable to a casual worker, shall apply to a stevedore in so far as their provisions are not inconsistent with these regulations and where there is any inconsistency between any provision of the Act, the Employment (Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 1991, and these Regulations, the provisions of these Regulations shall prevail.
5. InterpretationIn these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires—
8. Employment by several employers and eligibility to gratuity from each employerA stevedore may be employed by one or more employer and may be eligible for a gratuity under regulation 7 from every employer that employs the stevedore and from whom the stevedore has earned or is entitled to be paid the minimum annual wage.
9. Health and safetyAn employer that employs a stevedore shall adhere to the provisions of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, 1991 issued under the Occupational Safety and Health Decree.[Cap. 151]
10. Grievance procedureA stevedore who is aggrieved by a decision in respect of the payment or non-payment of gratuity or his or her right to gratuity under these regulations may register a grievance in accordance with section 64 read with Part II Schedule I of the Employment Act.[Cap. 69]
11. The Consultative Committee on Conditions of Employment of Stevedores
12. Minimum wage
13. Repeal of S.I. 36 of 2018The Employment (Stevedore Conditions of Employment) Regulations, 2018, are hereby repealed.
History of this document
01 October 2019
23 September 2019 this version
Published in None number None
20 September 2019