Employment (Declaration for Distribution of Employment Benefits upon Death) Regulations, 2021
Statutory Instrument 95 of 2021
- Assented to on 4 October 2021
- Commenced on 1 January 2022
- [This is the version of this document from 6 October 2021.]
1. Short title and commencementThese regulations may be cited as the Employment (Declaration of Distribution of Employment Benefits upon Death) Regulations, 2021 and shall come into operation on the 1st January, 2022.
3. InterpretationIn these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires—(a)"authorised person" means—(i)the employer, where the employer is a natural person;(ii)a partner, where the employer is a partnership;(iii)a director, a managing director, a chief executive officer, where the employer is a body corporate;(iv)a person authorised in writing by the employer to attest such declaration;(v)a notary; or(vii)an Attorney-At-Law;[Please note: numbering as in original.](b)"beneficiary" means the person or persons in favour of whom such declaration shall have been made;(c)"employment benefits" means any amount of money that an employer is liable to pay a worker arising out of the employment of the worker with the employer and which stands to the credit of the worker with the employer on the date of the death of the worker but excludes any amount due and payable to a worker under a claim of the worker to the employer or a third party relating to damages for personal injury arising out of, or in connection with, the employment of the worker with the employer.(d)"employer" means the employer of the worker;(e)"declaration" means the declaration made by a worker under regulation 4.(f)"witness" means a natural person who is—(i)an adult;(ii)capable of signing;(iii)not subject to any legal incapacity;(iv)not the spouse, close relative, or a relative by blood or marriage up to the fourth degree, of the worker; or(v)the beneficiary or a person who is directly or indirectly to benefit from the declaration;(g)"register" means the register made and maintained by the employer under regulation 4(6).
5. Register of declaration
6. Effect of declaration
7. Payment under declaration
History of this document
01 January 2022
06 October 2021 this version
Published in number
04 October 2021