Children’s Care Homes (Minimum Standards of Care) Regulations, 2022
Statutory Instrument 89 of 2022
- Published on 26 August 2022
- Assented to on 22 August 2022
- Commenced on 26 August 2022
- [This is the version of this document from 26 August 2022.]
1. CitationThese Regulations may be cited as the Children's Care Homes (Minimum Standards of Care) Regulations, 2022.
2. InterpretationIn these Regulations—"Act" means the Children Act, 1982, (Cap. 28);"child" means a person under 18 years of age and includes a young person;"Director" means Director as defined under section 2 of the Act;"home" means a children's care home for the long-term care of children who are orphaned or abandoned, or taken into care by the Director under Part III or Part VII of the Act;"home manager" means the person having the overall responsibility of staffs and the management of a particular home;"Monitoring and Compliance Unit" means the unit or section within the Social Services Division, under the purview of the Director, assigned with the monitoring of the standards and inspection of the homes to ensure proper implementation of and adherence to the standards in the homes;"staff" means any staff being employed in a Home who has the responsibility to provide care to the children and other support services, such as recreational, educational and sporting activities;"social services" means the Division responsible for children affairs in the Ministry or department responsible for children affairs;"social worker" means social worker as defined under section 2 of the Social Worker's Council Act (Cap. 226);"young person" means a young person as defined under section 2 of the Act.
3. Minimum standards of care in homesThe stipulations provided in the Schedule to these Regulations are standards adopted nationally on homes which shall apply to all homes recognised under the Act.
4. Monitoring and inspection of the standards
5. Monitoring and Inspection Framework
6. Violations of the standards
Schedule (Regulation 3)
Minimum standards of care in homes
History of this document
26 August 2022 this version
22 August 2022